Printing documents at home can be a convenient and cost-effective option, but what do you do if you don’t have a printer? Fortunately, there are several options available for printing documents without a printer. Whether you need to print out a school assignment, a resume, or a family photo, there are several places where you can go to get your documents printed. This article will discuss some of the most popular options for printing documents if you don’t have a printer, including public libraries, FedEx offices, office supply stores, and online printing services. By the end of this article, you will better understand the different options available to you and be able to make an informed decision about where to print your documents.
Some places to print documents
If you don’t have a printer, there are many options available to you for printing documents. You can use the services at your local public library, a FedEx Office, an office supply store, or an online printing service. Each option has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to consider your specific needs and budget before making a decision. Let’s discuss the easiest and most obvious places to print your documents or photos.
One of the most accessible options for printing documents if you don’t have a printer at home is your local public library. Many libraries offer printing services for a small fee, and some even offer free printing for specific documents.
To use the printing services at a library, you will typically need to bring your paper and your document on a USB drive or other storage device. You can also often email the document to the library in advance and pick it up later.
Another option for printing documents if you don’t have a printer is FedEx Office (formerly known as Kinko’s). FedEx Office is a chain of printing and shipping stores that offers a wide range of printing services, including black and white and color printing, copying, and binding.
You can either bring in your document on a USB drive or email it to the store in advance. FedEx Office also offers online printing services, where you can upload your documents and have them shipped to you or a location of your choice.
Office Supply Stores
Many office supply stores, such as Staples and Office Depot, offer printing services for a small fee. These stores typically offer black-and-white color printing, copying, and binding services.
To use the printing services at an office supply store, you will typically need to bring your own paper and your document on a USB drive or other storage device. Some stores may also offer the option to email the document in advance.
Online Printing Services
Another option for printing documents if you don’t have a printer is an online printing service. These services allow you to upload your document and have it printed and shipped. Some popular online printing services include:
- Shutterfly: Offers a wide range of printing options, including photo books, cards, and prints
- Snapfish: Specializes in photo printing but also offers other printing services
- Vistaprint: Offers a wide range of printing services, including business cards, brochures, and postcards
- Moo: Offers premium printing services, including business cards, postcards, and stickers
When using an online printing service, it’s important to remember that there may be additional costs for shipping and handling and that it may take a few days for your order to arrive. However, many of these services offer competitive pricing and high-quality prints.
Is it worth buying a home printer?
Whether or not it is worth buying a home printer depends on your specific needs and usage. Here are a few factors to consider when making a decision:
- Frequency of use: If you only need to print occasionally, it may be more cost-effective to use a public library or FedEx Office instead of investing in a home printer.
- Types of documents: A basic black and white laser printer will likely suffice if you mostly need to print out text documents. However, if you need to print photos or graphics, you may need a color inkjet printer.
- Cost of ink or toner: Inkjet printers generally have lower upfront costs, but the cost of ink can be quite high. Laser printers tend to be more expensive upfront, but toner costs are generally lower over time.
- Additional features: Some printers come with additional features such as scanning, copying, and faxing. It may be worth investing in a multifunction printer if you need these features.
In summary, owning a home printer can be convenient and cost-effective if you print frequently and need to print various types of documents. But, if you need to print occasionally and with basic documents, it can be more cost-effective to use a public library or FedEx Office for printing. It’s important to consider the cost of the printer and ink or toner, as well as any additional features you may need.