Disney Plus is one of the most popular and watched streaming services. This service is available on many platforms, from smartphones to TVs. Thousands of movies and TV shows are available at any time. There is something here for every viewer.
In turn, the Nintendo Switch seems like the perfect platform for a streaming service like Disney Plus. Many kids will probably own a Switch instead of a smartphone or tablet, and Disney Plus offers a lot of kids’ content. Unfortunately, the Switch is not a big fan of streaming apps, although it has several. Disney Plus is not available on the handheld console. Right now, Switch only offers YouTube and Hulu, not even Netflix. This tells us that the Nintendo Switch is indeed capable of hosting a streaming app, so Disney will decide if it wants to release its app on the Switch. One of the service’s early promotional slides showed Disney Plus working on the console, but there has been no update on that since then.
Anyway, here is about watching Disney Plus on Nintendo Switch.
What devices support Disney Plus
While you can’t use your Nintendo Switch to stream your favorite shows and movies from Disney Plus, there are plenty of streaming device options that support this feature. It’s likely that you already have one of these devices, so you don’t even have to buy anything extra to be able to use Disney Plus.
- iOS and Android. Android and iOS smartphones and tablets support Disney Plus through apps available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. If you have an Apple TV 4th generation or newer, you can also download the Disney Plus app and watch directly on your TV. If you have a streaming device such as a Roku or Amazon Fire TV stick or box, both also offer the Disney Plus app so you can easily stream your favorite movies to your TV.
- Xbox and PlayStation. You can use your PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S to watch Disney Plus. Go to your respective online stores to download the app and you’ll be able to watch in seconds.
- Web Browsers. If you don’t have any of these compatible devices, you can always watch Disney Plus through a web browser by going to Disney Plus official website. However, this is not as convenient as watching on a TV, so we recommend connecting your computer to your TV if that is your only option.
- Smart TV. Some Smart TVs also offer their own Disney Plus app, either built-in or available through the app store.
Is Disney Plus available on Nintendo Switch
The answer is no, but Disney Plus has hinted at releasing its streaming app on the Nintendo Switch. The process hasn’t started yet. But it may be coming to the app store soon because the Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular handheld game consoles with a large target audience of kids.