Pokémon Go is a location-based augmented reality free-to-play multiplayer mobile role-playing game. This game in the Pokémon series was developed and published by Niantic for iOS and Android devices and was originally released in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand on July 6, 2016. In the game, players use mobile devices with GPS with the ability to find, capture, fight and train virtual creatures called Pokémon. Pokémon appear on the screen as if they were in the same real place as the player. The game supports in-game purchases of additional in-game items. In this article, you will see how to change your team in Pokémon GO, since the team you choose at the beginning of the game may not suit everyone.
How important it’s to be in team un Pokemon GO
The team you choose in Pokémon GO is important if you want to fight in gyms. To successfully hold towers, you need to have more than one person on the same team. This allows you to supply Pokémon and keep them going throughout the day. If possible, all of your friends should be in your faction to make defending the gym as easy as possible. This is also very useful when fighting Pokémon GO raids.
How to change your team in Pokemon GO
In 2019, players have the ability to be on the same team and use their levels to help each other complete tasks, win in gyms, and be the best. With the Team Medallion item, you can change your team in Pokémon GO and work with others in your community, as you can become better players together. It appeared in the old version of Pokémon GO 0.135.0. You must have 1000 coins to get the medallion. Of course, it won’t be easy to collect such a sum. You can also only use the medallion once every 365 days. This is clever on Niantic’s part, as it prevents people from switching between teams on a whim and for profit. Thus, you will have to play on your chosen team for an entire year before you can switch back. Here’s what you need to do to switch teams:
- Open the Pokémon GO game on your phone.
- Tap the Pokéball in the center of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap the “Store” icon to open the store.
- Scroll down to the “Upgrades” section of the store and tap Team Medallion.
- Click “Exchange” to exchange the 1,000 coins needed to purchase the Team Medallion.
- Go to the “Items” menu to find the Team Medallion you just purchased.
- Click on the Team Medallion in the list of items. You will receive a warning that this can only be done once every 365 days.
- Click OK if you’re sure you want to change your team.
- You will now see all three team leaders on the screen. Click on the team leader whose faction you want to be in. Make sure you don’t select the team you’re already on.
- You will see another warning in 365 days, click “OK” to complete the team change.
By following the above steps, you will change the team to the one you want.