When users face some major problems in the usage of the Lenovo laptop, at first they try to reboot the laptop in order to solve them. It’s also required to complete a Windows update and install some software.
How to restart a Lenovo laptop in Windows
The restart of your laptop will start a Windows Update if one is available, finish the installation of software, and properly close any open apps.
You should keep in mind, this method will not work if a full-screen app, or Windows itself, is frozen. If you want to restart your Lenovo laptop in Windows, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should tap on Start on the Windows taskbar.
- Then, you should click on Power.
- To complete the process, you should press on Restart.
All opened apps would be closed and the Windows will be restarted. This can take a couple of minutes.
The Lenovo laptop may not be restarted in case the apps that have been opened have unsaved data. There will be a list of apps, that should be closed before the laptop can restart, displayed. You should close all those apps and then try again to restart your laptop.
How to restart a Lenovo laptop using Control+Alt+Delete
People often use the Windows Start menu to reboot Windows. In case the app is frozen and blocking the Windows desktop, this method won’t help. The solution that may work will be displayed below:
- First of all, you should hold the Control, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously.
- After that, you will see that the screen will turn into the blue colour and a list of options would be displayed. Click on the Power button which is located in the lower right.
- To complete the process, you should tap on Restart.
How to manually restart a Lenovo laptop
If you want to manually restart your Lenovo laptop, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should click and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- The location of the power button differs depending on the model of your laptop. In most Lenovo laptops, the power button is located above the keyboard. However, Lenovo 2-in-1 devices place the power button on the 2-in-1’s right or left flank.
- In the end, the Lenovo laptop will be switched off. In order to switch on the computer, you should click on the power button again.
A manual restart isn’t the best solution, as all the apps would be closed. This may consequence in the loss of unsaved data.
What for you need to try a factory reset
If the problem still isn’t solved, you can try a factory reset. This will help you to solve problems that are more severe than just basic apps installation or frozen software.
A factory reset will return the laptop to a like-new software configuration. It will also delete data from the Lenovo laptop.
How to restart the Lenovo laptop in Safe Mode
- First of all, you should head to sign-in screen.
- There, you should click on Power then, you should tap on Restart. After that, you should press and hold the Shift key.
- Next, you should click on Troubleshoot and head Advanced options, then move to Startup Settings and tap on Restart.
- When your laptop will be rebooted, you should tap on the Enable Safe Mode option, which might be displayed as 4, F4, or Fn+F4.
- The Safe Mode can also be opened by heading to the Settings. Then, you should tap on Update & Security. After that, you should head to Recovery. There, you should click on Advanced startup and select Restart now.
All in all, the Lenovo laptop can be restarted in a few simple ways.