The Amazon Echo is an essential part of the life of many people. The device has many features: from the OG Echo to the Echo Dot, from the Echo 2 to the Echo Plus, and even the Echo Show. The Echo line of speakers really presents Alexa’s abilities. Echo is a standalone speaker. You don’t need special efforts to use it, as the device requires only WiFi and power connections.
Fortunately, there are some methods to solve the issue with setting up your Echo device.
How to properly set up an Amazon Echo device
In most cases, people face issues with connection during the setting up process. If there has been doing something wrong in the process of setting up or in the connection process, you may have some issues. So, if you want to set up the Echo device in an appropriate way, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should install the Amazon Alexa App from iOS or Android. there is an alternative way, Alexa can be accessed online.
- After that, you should connect you Echo device with its power cable. When the device will be switched on, you will see that the ring light will become blue and start spinning.
- Then, you will see that the blue light will become orange. This means, that your Alexa informs you that the Echo device is ready to begin the set up mode.
- Next, you will see that it’s required to sign into your Amazon account and the process of set up will be started automatically. To sign in, you should only fill in your email or password. If the prompt fails, move to the next step. If everything is good, you can move to Step 6.
- In some cases, the setup process may not start automatically, or in the beginning, the orange light isn’t displayed, to solve this, you should open the Alexa app and head to “More“, after that, you should click on “Add a Device”
- After that, head to “Amazon Echo” and you will see a list of devices where you should tap on your.
- Then, you should follow the instructions that would be displayed on the screen in order to setup your device.
- Next, you should link the app to your Echo device and then, you should connect your Echo device to the network. After that, you will see the “Begin Echo Setup” screen displayed. There, you should tap on “Connect to WiFi“. When you have done that, you should see the orange light. If it still doesn’t appear, you hould move further to Step 11.
- After that, you should go out of the app, and head to “Settings“.There, you should click on “WiFi“. If the phone has recognized your Amazon Echo device you will see a Wi-Fi network with a name that starts: Amazon-XXX. It can take up to a minute to appear on the list.
- When you connect your phone to this WiFi network, it will be moved from your main WiFi network to the Amazon Echo.
- After you have been connected, you will be asked to connect your Echo device to your main WiFi network. To do that, you just need to fill in your WiFi password and the Echo will be connected to the network.
- After you have done all the steps above, all your Echo devices that have been connected to the same network, would be able to communicate between each other and with the Amazon Alexa app also.
- If the orange light still doesn’t appear, you should click and hold the “Action” button for five seconds, then go back to step 7 and try again.
After the steps above have been completed, your Echo device will be connected to your WiFi network and will also turn into the Internet server that can be used for your phone or tablet. After you have set up the device, you will be able to have control of the Echo device and get the Internet to your portable device. You will need to repeat this process above for every Amazon Echo and Echo Dot you connect to your network.
How to reset the Amazon Echo
- First of all, you should find a paper clip, earring, or the SIM card tool found with new phones to click and hold the Reset button on the Echo device which is located on the base of your device. You will see that the light on your device will change from orange to blue.
- Then, you should watch till the light will switch off and then switch on again.
- You should make sure that the light ring is orange, so that your device will be in the setup mode.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in the process of setting up the Echo device.