Life360 is an app that displays the location of your family members and friends. There are several features that may look like they are designed to spy on users. Basically, it’s an app that allows family and friends to communicate digitally. What’s more, Life360 is available for free, and with this app, you can easily track the whereabouts of your relatives via text messages. This can be quite handy for many users because the Life360 app allows users to share their location using text messages. All group members can share their location in real-time through this app.
Another good thing about this app is that you can use it as a locator for lost phones because the app uses location services all the time. There is also a location history feature that gives you a look at all the places or locations where other members of the group have been.
The Life360 app constantly monitors your location. But if you ever want to partially or completely fake your location, you have that option. There are several ways to do this. In this article, we are going to tell you how to manage your location on Life360 in different ways.
How to disable Life360 tracking by turning WiFi and cellular data off
Disabling WiFi or cellular data on your smartphone turns completely off Life360. In this case, the app will simply show your last location. The obvious disadvantage of this method is that all other apps lose their connection, which limits notifications, messaging apps, and other services. In addition to not being connected to the Internet, others in your group will quickly realize that something is wrong. Also, it may not be enough to fake your location.
If you want to disable cellular data only for Life360 on iPhone, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open Settings on your iPhone;
- After that, tap “Cellular”;
- Search for the Life360 app and toggle the switch off for this app.
As long as wifi isn’t available on your iPhone, Life360 won’t be able to report your real location.
If you want to disable cellular data and WiFi usage for Life360 on your Android device, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open Settings on your Android device;
- After that, select “Apps”;
- Then, tap “Manage apps”;
- Find and tap on the “Life360” app;
- Scroll down if needed and tap “Restrict data usage”;
- Remove all of the checkmarks and tap “OK”.
How to spoof your location on Android device
If you want to spoof your location on your Android device, the first thing you have to do is to install a special app that fakes your location. As an example, we will use the Fake GPS Location app from the Play Store. It has a rather outdated interface, but it is reliable and works smoothly.
The next step is to enable developer settings on your Android device. To do that, you have to follow these steps:
- Open “Settings”;
- Tap “Software Information”;
- Tap on “Build Number” seven times. A countdown to “Developer Options” appears at the bottom;
- Return to “Settings” and scroll down to open “Developer Options”.
After that, you have to tell the smartphone to use the Fake GPS Location app as a GPS device. To do that, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open “Settings”;
- Tap “System” and select “Developer Options”;
- Scroll down to choose “mock location app”;
- Finally, select the Fake GPS Location app.
How to spoof your location on iPhone
Location spoofing on iPhones is much more difficult. Not that iPhones are any less functional than Android smartphones, but the iOS operating system is just much more secure.
You can always use a Gfaker device to spoof your GPS. You don’t have to jailbreak your phone, but the device can be expensive. All you have to do is connect the device to your iPhone and set the GPS coordinates to the coordinates you want.
There are no free apps that allow you to spoof the GPS location on your iPhone, but there is a commercial program called iTools that will allow you to do this.
Furthermore, you run iTools on your Windows PC or Mac desktop and then connect your iPhone to your computer via a data cable as if you were using iTunes. This means that your iPhone stays attached to your computer rather than going on a secret adventure with you.
If you want to spoof your location on iPhone, you have to install iTools and follow these steps:
- First of all, click the “Toolbox” icon on the iTools panel;
- Then, click the “Virtual Location” button;
- Enter the location to which you want to spoof your location in the text box and click “Move Here”;
- Open Life360 on your iPhone and do whatever you want to do in “new” location;
- To end the GPS spoofing, choose “Stop Simulation” in iTools.