When you hear your iPhone ring when you receive a new text or email it may be good as you will never miss something important, on the other hand, having your phone make loud sounds can be annoying.
In those cases, vibrations are a good solution, as they still alert you to any notifications without disturbing those around you.
Vibrations provide haptic feedback, which allows you to feel rather than hear your notifications. This option is very useful even when your phone’s volume is turned on as well, as you might feel it vibrating in your pocket even if the speaker is muffled.
You can even change how long your iPhone vibrates for, and a different vibration pattern for every default app may be set (Mail, Messages, etc.).
The information below will explain what you should do to change your iPhone’s current vibration settings, as well as set up a new vibration pattern.
How to change the vibration settings on your iPhone
To change the vibration settings you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open the Settings app.
- After that, select “Sounds & Haptics.”
- To enable vibration on your iPhone, make sure that either or both “Vibrate on Ring” and “Vibrate on Silent” are enabled. You’ll know that vibration is enabled, as the bars will be colored green.
- Then, you should tap on the relevant option underneath the “Sounds and Vibration Patterns” heading, in order to set the vibration tone for each individual iPhone notification (i.e. ringtone, textone, or new voicemail).
- Next, you should click “Vibration” to change the vibration alert for that particular notification.
- If you want to choose one of the pre-set Vibration patterns, you should click on it. Keep in mind, that this feature gives you an opportunity to feel the new vibration mode before it will be set completely.
Note that there’s no need to save your changes. You just need to exit the Settings app and your new choice will take effect.
How to create a new custom vibration pattern
To do that, you should follow the next steps:
- You should follow steps one through five above, but instead of clicking on a pre-set vibration mode, you should select “Create New Vibration.”
- On the “New Vibration” screen, make your custom vibration pattern. You should tap your screen in that order in which you would like it to vibrate and lift your finger off the screen for silence.
- Once recorded, you should tap “Stop” in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Then, press “Play” in the lower left-hand corner of your screen to preview the vibration pattern you just made. If you’re happy with it, press “Save.” Otherwise, you can re-record it by pressing “Record” and trying again.
What is more
It is also available to set a particular kind of vibration for individual contacts so when someone calls you, you can tell the person just from the way your phone vibrates.
To do this you should:
- Head to your Contacts
- Then, tap on Select a contact
- After that,tap Edit at the top right corner
- Then, select either Ringtone or Text Tone
- Next, click on Vibration and from here, you can choose if you want to use a standard vibration or an already Customized vibration, then Select and Save.
How to customize you ringtone
If you also want to customize your iPhone ringtone, ringtones can be added to your iPhone with the help of the freeware, EaseUS MobiMover Free. MobiMover is an iOS data transfer and file management tool you can use without any cost or limitation. Install MobiMover on your computer and start to transfer music to your iPhone/iPad without iTunes syncing.
You should follow the next steps:
- First, you should connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer and open EaseUS MobiMover.
- Then, give EaseUS MobiMover a permission to access your iDevice, tap “Trust” on the phone and “Allow” on the program.
- After that, choose “PC to Phone” transfer mode, and select “Select Files” to continue.
- Browse to select the Music files on your PC and click “Open” to let EaseUS MobiMover detect these files.
- Then, select “Transfer” to start the process.
- Items can also be added by dragging and dropping other files on this Windows before starting the transferring.
- Wait patiently till the process finishes and then you can open Music app on your iPhone or iPad to check the transferred items.
Hope, this article was helpful.