In addition to being a streaming service, Hulu’s special feature is that you can also watch real-time news, sports, and weather. The problem with this option is that without special settings for your device, you won’t see the programs corresponding to your region when moving from place to place. This isn’t very convenient because many travelers want to watch local TV channels live. Fortunately, in such cases, you can configure your device to receive live news and shows that correspond to the area you’re in at the moment.
How to explain what location services are
Before you can use the method below, you must first understand location services. This feature allows apps and websites to use information from cellular networks. Using Wi-Fi and the Global Positioning System, GPS, determines your approximate location. To use this feature, you need to turn on Location Services on your device. After that, you also need to give permission to each app or website you use before they can use your location data. You’ll see how exactly this is done below.
How to enable location services on Safari
You can use different browsers on Mac, but the default browser is Safari. You have to hand it to Apple, their default browser is easy to use and makes all the necessary settings as convenient and hassle-free as possible. Information about this is below:
- When you turn on your Mac, in the upper left corner of your screen, click on the Apple menu. This will open a menu of available options.
- From the available functions, select “System Preferences”.
- Next, locate the “Security and Privacy” icon. Click on it for further action.
- Go to “Security and Privacy” and locate the “Privacy” tab. You may need to unlock the lock icon by entering your administrator name and password to access this section.
- Find the “Location Services” item and select it.
- Check the box next to “Enable Location Services” and make sure Safari is selected from the list.
How to enable location services on Chrome
As mentioned above, you can use a variety of browsers on the Mac. One of the most popular is Chrome. In order to enable location services on Chrome, you need to do the following:
- Open Chrome and login if necessary.
- Then, in the top right corner, click on “More”. The icon looks like three vertical dots or an arrow pointing up.
- In the menu that appears after clicking on the icon, find and select “Settings”.
- Then in settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will see a section called “Advanced”. Select it.
- Go to “Privacy & Security”.
- When you get to the section you want, select “Content Settings”.
- In the content settings, find “Location” and navigate there.
- After that, locate and toggle the “Ask before login” option to On.
This way you can configure your device to detect your current location and accordingly all apps and sites including Hulu as well. If the location services feature is active no matter where you’re, it will always detect where you’re and Hulu will also select the programs broadcast in it according to your location. Of course, this is provided that your internet connection is stable and available at all times, and the GPS function is active.
How to change your location on Hulu without location services
If you’re for example at home or on the contrary far from your place of living but want to watch programs and channels from another region, you can set up your location specifically in Hulu. To do this, you need:
- Log in through your Mac and open Hulu in your browser.
- Log in and go to your Profile page.
- Next, go to “Privacy and Settings”.
- Once there, select “Set” or “Change Home” and enter your new location.
This way you can watch content from anywhere. This is handy because sometimes it’s useful to know what’s going on at home or to watch your favorite TV show on a schedule you’re used to.