Kik is a free and popular alternative to standard text messaging apps. Kik combines the functionality of several messaging apps, allowing users to easily send text, photos, videos, and more with the touch of a few buttons. Kik is available on iOS, Android, Amazon, and Windows mobile devices.
You have the option to cancel your Kik account, but you should understand that it will not be closed forever. This will only be a temporary deactivation that will allow you to reactivate your account if you request it.
If you still want to permanently delete your account and the information it contains, you will need to take a few additional steps.
In this article, we are going to tell you how to delete your Kik account if you no longer need it.
How to irrecoverably delete your Kik account
If you want to delete your Kik account permanently, in this case, you will lose access to all your chat data, friends’ information, and username. Once you delete your account, you won’t be able to sign up with the same username later. Therefore, before you perform these actions, make sure that you have transferred all information or account data that you do not want to lose forever.
So, if you want to delete your Kik account, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, navigate to the Kik Delete web page using your web browser;
- Then, fill in the “Username” and “Email” sections;
- Select a reason for permanently deleting your Kik account and fill in the “Additional info…” section if you want to;
- After that, check the box and click on “Go!” to delete;
- Finally, check your email and click “Permanently Delete” at the bottom of the email.
How to remove your child’s Kik account
If you want to delete your child’s account, you can also ask to have their account deactivated. To do this, however, you need to know the email address your child is using.
On the Kik support website, you can go to the regular deactivation help page if you have any questions about deleting your child’s Kik account. That way, it’s possible that you can use the same steps for your child’s Kik as you did for yours, but it’s not guaranteed.
If you one hundred percent want to remove your child’s Kik account without failures, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, email “[email protected]” with the subject line “Parent Inquiry”;
- In the email, give a reason for requiring clarification, then include your child’s Kik username, e-mail, and, if desired, his or her age;
- Finally, Kik Customer Service will contact you by email with instructions on how to delete your child’s account.
In case you couldn’t find a username for your child’s Kik account, we’ll tell you how to do it. Follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Kik app on your child’s mobile device;
- Go to the settings menu in the top right corner;
- Tap “Settings” and you will find “Display Name” at the top. The username will be directly below it and will be highlighted in gray.
How to deactivate your Kik account
If you want to temporarily deactivate your Kik account, you have to follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Kik Deactivation web page;
- Enter your email address and click “Go!”;
- Finally, check your email, follow the link that Kik sends you and click “Deactivate”.
Once you temporarily deactivate your account, you can easily reactivate it in the future by logging back in.
You have also to be aware that after you deleted your Kik account, it can’t be reinstated.