Snapchat is an extremely popular photo and video sharing platform. Even as you read this, there are probably millions of users sharing various snapshots and short videos with each other. In one day alone, six billion videos will be viewed. If you’re interested in sharing the content you create with other people, and you can’t do it with other apps, maybe it’s time to look at Snapchat.
How useful it is to post your content in Snapchat
If you’re a blogger or just like to have fun shooting and posting photos and video content, Snapchat is for you. As mentioned above, the number of views on Snapchat per day is stupendous. This will give you great opportunities as a blogger to grow. You choose the right direction for your content, and you can gain a significant number of views and consequently subscribers on your account relatively quickly. The main thing isn’t to miscalculate with what exactly to put on display on Snapchat. Look at more successful users to see what’s worth posting:
How to use geotagging
Using geotagging can help you gain an audience in the initial stages. Geotagging shows a place or event that is happening. Some users may be interested in stories from specific places or events that happened near them. So, if you recorded your content in a place users find interesting, they will find it if you put a geotag on the post. To use geotagging, you need to:
- Record video or take a photo.
- Immediately after you finish recording, swipe your finger across the screen. This allows you to see the different Geo filters you can use.
- Choose the one you need. It will be better if you will use one that suits your real location.
This will help people get an idea of where you’re and what you’re doing. Consequently, there will be those among them who will want to watch your content on a regular basis.
How useful it is to make posts regularly
If your goal is to have a steady audience, the best way to get and keep them is to post content regularly. Of course, regularly doesn’t mean every five minutes. Work on the quality of what you put in your feed. The point of regular posts is that the newest posts are always at the top of the story. So if you don’t post many pictures and videos, over time, your followers might think you’re a lost cause. Also, with a slower pace of content creation, you’re unlikely to get the attention of new people.
How to make your content interesting
So, what is the best thing to post on Snapchat:
- In most cases, the content on Snapchat is the author’s life events or thoughts on a particular subject. Considering how many people are watching it now, and they like it, this kind of direction at the start can be useful for you. Take pictures of the area where you live, discuss loud events on camera, put your selfies and photos under different filters. All this will help you find people who are interested in what you do.
- If you have a lot of free time and live in a big city, drive to the part where the old buildings are. Find a good angle and composition there. Take a picture and choose a filter that emphasizes the main colors of the buildings.
- Many people like to see crowds in a photos or videos. It might be a good idea to take the picture so that the people passing by fit in with the overall composition of the area you’re photographing. Be sure to come up with an interesting caption for your post. The right words can attract other Snapchat users.
- Keep an eye on trends and feel free to look for examples and tips from more advanced users. It’s not uncommon to see videos of someone dancing or talking to a popular audio recording. If your target audience is teenagers or children, it makes sense to make such videos. The main thing isn’t to overdo it with filters and effects on the record, so it doesn’t look silly.
You should be sincere in your videos and photos. Content, where people aren’t pretending to be something they’re not, is the most enjoyable to watch.