Baseball fans that are MLB.TV subscribers don’t have an opportunity to view this year’s season fully. Blackout regulations have caused this issue. This means that it is impossible to stream specific gamed due to your location.
The reasons for blackout regulations may depend on different causes from copyright limitations with local broadcasters to geo-restrictions. This means, that it is possible to choose matches depending on your location, however, you won’t be able to access the remainder of the baseball streams.
Fortunately, there is a way to overcome this issue while you stay far away from home and still want to view your favourite streaming services. This way is changing your location on MLB.TV.
How to change your location in MLB TV on a Firestick device
You should change the location of your Firestick device, in order to avoid regional blackouts. The most common and simplest way is using VPN. A VPN service uses DNS codes like ExpressVPN. So, if you want to have a VPN service downloaded on your device and your location changed, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should sign up at ExpressVPN for an account. They have locations all across the United States.
- After that, you should head to the “Search” bar on your Fire device and “ExpressVPN.”
- Then, you should click on ExpressVPN.
- Next, you should tap on “Download.”
- After that, you should tap on “Open” and then you should head to the ExpressVPN app activation screen.
- Then, you should click on “Sign In.”
- Next, you should fill in your ExpressVPN account’s email address and password.
- After that, you should tap on “OK” when you will be asked to approve ExpressVPN’s connection request.
- Then, you should press on the “On” button to connect to a VPN server location. By default, you will be proposed by ExpressVPN a Smart Location or the ideal location for your experience. However, to watch every game, you should select a place outside the blackout area.
- When the process has been completed, you will see the “Connected” notification displayed. Since then, you can start streaming the baseball matches you want.
How to change your location in MLB TV on a Roku device
In this case, the process solution is the same as the solution for the Firestick device. Similar to Firestick, you can avoid the MLB.TV blackouts on Roku if you set up a VPN. Unfortunately, VPNs aren’t initially supported by Roku or Apple TVs. So it would be required to launch a VPN router or a virtual VPN router. To do this, you can try the ExpressVPN app for routers like Asus, Linksys, and Netgear. Other routers would be asked to be set up manually.
So, if you want to use a VPN to change your location in MLB TV on a Roku device, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should sign up at ExpressVPN for an account
- After that, you should download a VPN on your router
- Then, it would be required to adjust the location of the Roku device to match the VPN location. You should head to “Settings” then “System” followed by “Advanced system settings” in order to access advanced system options.
- Next, you should click on “Factory reset.”
- After that, you should fill in the code which would be shown on-screen and then you should tap on “OK.”
- Then, you should click on “Start factory reset.”
- Next, you should set up the Roku device.
- To complete the process, you should choose the VPN router (or virtual VPN router) you previously configured when you were asked to join a Wi-Fi network.
How to change your location in MLB TV on an Apple TV
If you want to be able to watch blacked-out MLB games on Apple TV, it would be required to use a VPN on your router or subscribe to a VPN that gives customers Smart DNS proxies configurable directly on the Apple TV. When you have set up the router, you can start the process.
If you want to connect your Apple TV to the VPN, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to “Settings.”
- After that, you should click on “Network.”
- In order to complete the process, you should choose the already set-up router to connect to the Internet.
How to change your location in MLB TV on a PC
A VPN has a huge variety of features, moreover, it can change your IP address to that of another country. After you have joined a VPN server, you should clear your cookies and reload the page where the game is being streamed. After the process of configuration, you should select a server location and tap connect.
To do this, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should register and install a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN that provides you with a large quantity of traffic and server locations.
- After that, you should install and open the VPN app on your PC.
- Then, you should join a server which is located in an area where the game you’re interested in watching is available for watching.
- To complete the process, you should open your browser and head to MLB.tv to start watching the game.
As you can notice, even though, the process isn’t straightforward, it is still quite simple.