Surfing the Internet has become a common thing for every user. It has long been the norm to visit your favorite sites every day and read the news or just follow the updates of the company you want. For this reason, many websites have developed pop-up systems so that their visitors can always stay up-to-date. However, many Apple devices users wonder how they can allow pop-ups on their devices.
What you need to do to allow pop ups on iPhone
Most people consider pop-ups to be one of the internet’s worst features. However, despite how spammy they can be, a lot of legitimate websites use them for important reasons. For example, Amazon opens customer service chats in pop-ups, which some browsers block automatically.
If you have faced trouble with pop-ups on your iPhone whenever you try to browse online, you’re probably hoping for a way to block pop-ups on Safari. Fortunately, your iPhone does have a way to disable pop-ups in Safari so that you don’t have to deal with these annoying interruptions anymore. Conversely, you may want to enable pop-ups on your iPhone if the pop-up blocker for Safari is stopping pop-ups you actually need. Let’s get started learning how to disable and allow pop-ups in Safari on your iPhone so you can browse the web in peace.
Your iPhone’s internet browser blocks pop-ups by default. However, both Safari and Chrome let you change that and allow pop-ups.
Here’s how to allow pop-ups in both Safari and Chrome on your iPhone.
How to allow pop-ups on an iPhone with Safari
If you use an iPhone or any other device from Apple, then you probably know about their own Safari browser. It’s a very convenient and built-in browser for Apple devices.
Safari provides its users with quite a few different features. Including it supports pop-ups in websites. However, this feature can be disabled by default. To enable it, you only need to make a few clicks.
In order to enable pop-ups in the Safari browser you need to:
- First, you should open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Then scroll down and find Safari on the list.
- Finally, you should switch off Block Pop-ups so the switch turns gray, the option is located under General.
With these simple tips, you can activate pop-up notifications in your built-in Safari browser. As you can see, it’s pretty easy to do and won’t take you long.
How to allow pop-ups on an iPhone with Chrome
If you don’t like the default Safari browser, you can always download a third-party app. The most popular choice among users remains Google Chrome.
Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, both for desktop PCs and for various smartphones. This is largely due to the fact that it is often pre-installed on Android devices. However, many Apple users also prefer Chrome for its simplicity and wide functionality.
If you want to turn on pop-up notifications in your Chrome browser, it’s as easy as in the case of Safari, but this function can be enabled directly from the app. To do this, you need to:
- First of all, you should open Chrome and click on the three dots which are located in the bottom-right corner.
- Then, choose Settings.
- In the Settings menu, you should scroll down and find Content Settings.
- Before switching off Block Pop-ups so the switch turns gray, you should press Block Pop-ups .
- Tap Done option, which is located in the top-right corner to save your change.
Regarding other third-party browsers, the instructions will be similar to the instructions for Google Chrome. It will be quite easy to do. You need just a few clicks.
Why disable the Pop-Up Blocker on iPhone and iPad
The pop-up blocker in Safari is great most of the time, but, sometimes, the situations you will face will let you there find it’s important for pop-ups to work. Though this is arguably a sign of poor web design, some web pages depend on pop-up windows in order for you to get the information you need.
Especially some financial websites like banking and credit card websites, which sometimes use pop-up windows to display account statements, PDF documents, and other documents, have this tendency, others might depend on pop-up windows to let you sign up for newsletters, get discount codes, or perform other services.
Some websites that open pop-ups on your desktop may work fine with mobile browsers, but if you face a problem using a website and realize you need Safari to allow pop-ups, you can turn the pop-up blocker off quickly.
In addition, some sites use pop-ups to inform their users of new updates or news. Therefore, if you are a frequent visitor to certain websites, pop-ups can help you better navigate to your favorite website.
What additional information you should know
- When the pop-up blocker is off, pop-up windows will typically be opened as separate tabs in Safari. To skip from one of these pop-up windows back to the original Web page it is required to tap the tabs icon in the menu which are located at the bottom of the screen and select the tab which you need there.
- Such as how links are opened, and whether you can see a tab bar when the phone is in landscape orientation, so the General section of the Safari menu where you go to change the Safari pop-up setting contains some other useful settings as well .
- Other Web browsers on your iPhone have their own pop-up blocker settings. These other browsers include things like Firefox, Google Chrome, and the Microsoft Edge browser. For each of these browsers you can change the pop-up blocker settings by navigating through the Settings app located within the browser itself.